Winter Smoky Chipotle Tempeh Bowl
A simple, high protein, nutrient dense meal that will smoothly slide int your meal prep roster. Plus the PR team for Tempeh needs a bit of help - if you haven't given it a go then this is your chance!
Jaxon Burton (Vegan Body Coach) is an Auckland, NZ based online nutritionist and trainer for vegans, vegetarians and reducetarians. VBC works with people wanting an evidence based, no-nonsense approach to master their plant focused diet, increase muscle and lose body fat, all while enjoying the foods they love!
Serves 2. Double the recipe to get a weeks meal prep.
1/2 cup dry quinoa
2 cups/handfuls brussel sprouts
Half a head of cauliflower
1/2 red capsicum
1 small jalapeno with seeds taken out
1 taco seasoning packet (or mix up some cumin & smoked paprika)
1 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp cumin
1 Tbsp olive oil
Juice of one lime
Sesame and pumpkin seeds to serve
1. Cook quinoa as per packet instructions
2. Add chopped cauliflower & halved brussel sprouts to a bowl.
3. Add in olive oil, turmeric and cumin. shake to coat and add a lined oven tray. Cook at 160 C for 20-25 mins.
4. Meanwhile crumble tempeh and add to a pan. Heat until browning.
5. Add diced capsicum, jalapeno and taco seasoning. Heat and stir for a further 2-3 minutes and then add diced tomato and 1/2 lime
6. Once cooked, add all ingredients to a bowl or prep container and top with pump and/or sesame seeds with a squeeze of lime. Add a generous serve of Wise Boys Smoky Chipotle Aioli to dip!